First Sign™ - Saliva Drug Test Kit
The First Sign™ Oral Fluid Drug Screen Device is an immunoassay based on the principle of competitive binding. Drugs that may be present in the oral fluid specimen compete against their respective drug conjugate for binding sites on their specific antibody.
During saliva drug testing, a portion of the oral fluid specimen migrates upward by capillary action. A drug, if present in the oral fluid specimen below its cut-off concentration, will not saturate the binding sites of its specific antibody. The antibody will then react with the drug-protein conjugate and a visible coloured line will show up in the test line region of the specific drug strip. The presence of drug above the cut-off concentration in the oral fluid specimen will saturate all the binding sites of the antibody. Therefore, the colored line will not form in the test line region.
A drug non-negative oral fluid specimen will not generate a colored line in the specific test line region of the strip because of drug competition, while a drug-negative oral fluid specimen will generate a line in the test line region because of the absence of drug competition.
To serve as a procedural control, a colored line will always appear at the control line region, indicating that the proper volume of specimen has been added and membrane wicking has occurred.
Several factors can affect the results of our saliva drug test kits:
- Incorrect or inadequate collection of saliva samples.
- incorrect storage of the saliva drug testing kits or saliva screens.
- The diet or medication that the person being tested, aka, the donor, is currently taking.
Food or drink consumed up to 10 minutes prior to testing.
- The donor is not sufficiently hydrated.
- Tetrahydrocannabinol THC (marijuana)
- Methamphetamine (“ice”, ecstasy)
- Amphetamines (“speed”)
- Morphine (derivatives of the opium poppy including heroin, morphine, codeine)
- A line on the CONTROL should always appear as proof the test has worked, and that the sample is suitable for testing.
- No line on the test area is POSITIVE (or non-negative). We advise that you send this sample to the lab for further testing.
- Any line, no matter how faint, on the test area is a NEGATIVE result. (See faint lines information.)
- It is normal for lines to develop at different rates, and have different intensities.
- A negative result can appear in under a minute.
- To read a positive result you will need to wait the full five minutes before reading the results.
- Tests should not be read after 10 minutes.
Besides the method of testing the main difference between saliva testing and urine testing is the detection times.
- Urine drug testing can detect illicit drugs for a longer time frame. This is particularly useful for pre-employment drug and alcohol tests.
- Urine drug tests are the most cost effective and accurate form of testing to ensure that you have a safe work environment.
- Saliva drug tests can only detect illicit drugs if they have been recently consumed in particular cannabis. If the user consumed drugs within two to four hours (depending on drug usage) then a saliva test can be used.
- For recent drug use and impairment, a saliva drug test is the most useful for this purpose.
Our team are ready to assist you with drug and alcohol testing kits.
Jodie Smythe, Drug Free @ Work
Our business has been dealing with ADT and Andrew for over 5 years now. We have found this business fantastic to deal with. Quick deliveries, great advice (when needed), and a fantastic range of stock. Would highly recommend this business 5 stars.
Just a quick note so say how massively impressed I was to get back to my apartment a few minutes ago and find two packages waiting at reception for me from Australia Drug Testing. I only put the order through yesterday afternoon and in less than 24 hours I have it! Awesome. With service like that, you never have to worry about our company looking elsewhere. Thanks again, keep up the great work.
Great Products, great prices, and great service !! Always knowledgeable and friendly advice given. Nothing is ever too hard for ADT. Many thanks.
Ann R, N.S.W.
Our company has been a customer of ADT for 15yrs. We have experienced nothing but unwavering support with a wealth of knowledge from this organisation. We have always used their products with full confidence, however, in recent Covid-19 times ( when products were difficult to obtain ), we trusted the professional advice of the team at ADT to try the ECO Cup II. WOW! This cup brings a whole new meaning to the word instant, and the quality and accuracy the same. I highly recommend ECO Cup ll drug screen cups and ADT for their friendly and reliable service.
Bill Cleary, Mackay Drug Testing Services
I have been dealing with Australia Drug Testing for 14 years now and during that time they always had a quality product great service and are very approachable, there service is second to none and they always go out of there way to ensure I get the best pricing and service I would highly recommend to any company dealing them you will be very happy with the product and service they have to offer.